Monday, May 18, 2009

First baby shower!

This post is coming a few weeks late.... My first baby shower was about 3 weeks ago. It was hosted by my Mom's sister (Auntie Virginia) and sister in law (Auntie Gail). They had it at the assisted living home where my grandma lives in San Diego so that she was able to attend. My two aunts did an amazing job of decorating the shower! They are both teachers, so fittingly they chose books as a theme for the shower. There were cute little books everywhere as decorations (which I also got to keep!). Also they had a very creative idea to ask everyone to bring a book instead of a card and sign it so now I have books for Tyler from all of the family and family friends who attended the shower. It was a very thoughtful touch, and one that I will always remember! I ate lots of good food and received many many gifts! I feel very lucky to have so many generous people in my life!

This first pic is my two aunts (Gail on the left and Virginia on the right) and my Grandma.