Wednesday, July 15, 2009

40 weeks

I had my doctors appointment yesterday. Not a whole lot had changed since last week. So it looks like baby Tyler will be born late. It's just a question of how late! I am enjoying these last few days before he comes though, taking advantage of sleeping in a little and relaxing as much as possible. Scott and I have been trying to go out to dinner and savor these last days together before the baby comes. Today is Chloe's birthday! I guess she won't have to share her birthday with Tyler after all. I got her a doggie cupcake to celebrate!

Your pregnancy: 40 weeks

How your baby's growing:It's hard to say for sure how big your baby will be, but the average newborn weighs about 7 1/2 pounds (a small pumpkin) and is about 20 inches long. His skull bones are not yet fused, which allows them to overlap a bit if it's a snug fit through the birth canal during labor. This so-called "molding" is the reason your baby's noggin may look a little conehead-ish after birth. Rest assured — it's normal and temporary.